Data science programme
The data science team uses hospital-derived datasets for research by trialling and validating tools and models to improve patient experience and outcomes for our local East London population and beyond.
- Curation of a COVID-19 research dataset
- Using natural language processing to extract clinical content
- Near real-time disease surveillance
- Machine learning approaches to disease prediction with risk explanation
- Screening for lung cancer using Artificial Intelligence – please see our information sheet for more details about our research: Barts Life Sciences – Astra Zeneca lung cancer project information sheet
- BloodImage: An innovative machine learning model with fast work performances and minimal computational requirements for the automatic and reliable analysis of blood cells.
The team advises clinical and academic teams and external collaborators on data science projects. We have expertise in research, development of generalisable tools to analyse data and deploying models within the hospital. We can help scope research projects from healthcare or operational needs, and then match skills from the data science team to lead analysis.
Log your project requests here:
The team supports students and graduates to start their health data science journeys, offering placements on a regular basis. Get in touch to find out more.